Sunday, June 23, 2019

ENGLISH SENTENCE PATTERN (ESP)



TALKING ABOUT SELF
I am  .............................     ..............................(Full Name)

1.   I am a student of .....................................................................
2.   I was a good Football player in school.
3.   I will be in .................................................... next year.
4.   I have been here for ................... years.
5.   I have a brother/sister/parents.
6.   I had good marks in ..............................................
7.   I will have a good career in ........................................
8.    There are ......... members in my family.
9.    There were ................ students in my batch.
10.  There will be many vacancies in ............................
11.                I read ..................................(Newspaper)
12.                I like ........................................(Hobby)
13.                I am working in ............................
14.                I am joining ................................... next month.
15.                I have done a course in .....................................
16.                I have been studying .................................. for ............  years.
17.                I studied in ................................... for Plus Two/SSLC.
18.                I was studying in a mixed school.
19.                I will improve my ................................ skills.
20.                I will be watching celebrity interviews.

1.      The work is done by me.
2.      The work is enjoyed by me.
3.      The work is being done by me now.
4.      The work is being done in the evening.
5.      The work has been done by me.
6.      The work was done by me.
7.      The work was being done by me.
8.      The work will be done by me.

1.    I can speak.
2.    I could speak.
3.    I shall speak.
4.    I should speak.
5.    I may speak.
6.    I might speak.
7.    I must speak.
8.    I have to speak.
9.    I need to speak.
10. I ought to speak.
11. I used to speak.
12.  I would like to speak.
Am
Is
Are
Do
Does
Did
Was
Were
Have
Has
Will
Can








Ø  Do I speak English? Yes I speak English.
Ø  Do you speak English?
Ø  Does he speak English? Yes, he speaks English.
Ø  Are the students speaking good English? 
Ø  Did they speak English? Yes, they spoke English.
Ø  Has she spoken English well?
Ø  Have they spoken English?
Ø  Can we speak English now?

1.      What is your qualification?
2.      Where do you come from?
3.      When did you join?
4.      Why did you join?
5.      How was the class?
6.      Which was your favourite subject?
7.      With whom did you sit?
8.      Whose suggestion was it?
9.      Who was your teacher?
.............................................................................
EXERCISES: Speaking about a famous person/place/dish/song/movie.

TO BE CONTINUED...

No comments:

Post a Comment