Wednesday, March 26, 2014

EC CONVERSATIONS

1.Let's follow this conversation......It's not practical!

Sir, I am Lal, the parent of Kishore who is in your class, V A. His English Communication is very poor. Can you, sir help him in improving his conversational skills in English...a humble request?
Well you see Mr.Lal, We don't teach here English as a skill, for us it is a subject just like any other. So what you said is not practical. Although your request is genuine...I understand.
Thank you sir for being with me on this...but sir the very meaning of education in Malayalam, the language of Kerala, is practicing skills...I mean Vidyabhyasam.
(Laughing)...you have a point there...we need to change the whole system of education...why don't you talk to the higher ups...like the Principal or those above like the Education Minister?
Sir...I am afraid they would also say the same line which you used...It's not practical!

2. Ayushman Bhav!

Sir...today's my birthday. (offering sweets)
Great....Happy birthday....Ayushman Bhav!
I didn't get you sir....you mean...?
I mean...Many many happy returns of the day!
Is that what it means...Ayushman Bhav!
Yeah...it's Sanskrit.
Sir to be frank, I like it better than its English counterpart. Thank you for enlightening me with this new expression.
My pleasure... as always.

Also on the same page

Click Goals in English Conversations

Also on the same page 


Also on the same page 
 

Click Great Collocations

  Also on the same page 
 
Click EC Insights


Click Easy Ideas for EC

TO BE CONTINUED...

3 comments: